According to Canadaâs visa policy, the citizens of the Bahamas are among the many nationalities that are not required to get a visa when visiting for tourism purposes. As a Bahamian, you qualify for aÂ Canada ETA, which means that you can obtain your travel document online. With the help of iVisa, you can get it in justÂ 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS A CANADA ETA?
It’s an electronic document. Also, it is an essential requirement for visa-exempt nationals who will arrive in Canada by plane.
What documents are necessary to apply?
The first thing you have to do before starting theÂ online applicationÂ process is to ensure that you are ready to provide iVisa with everything necessary. Lucky for you, the list is not very long. Here is what you need:
- Valid passportÂ â toÂ apply for a Canada ETAÂ you must have a passport that maintains its validity for at least anotherÂ 6 monthsÂ from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address â please make sure you provide a valid email because your ETA will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you have a copy of this ETA, just in case.
- Means of payment â we give you different options like credit or debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
What prices and procedure times does ivisa offer?
You must opt for a processing time for your application, an action which establishes how much yourÂ Canada ETAÂ is going to cost. You are presented with 3 alternatives:
- Standard processingÂ â it is a slow process so you will have yourÂ Canada ETAÂ in your email inÂ 24 hoursÂ and you must payÂ USD $54.49.
- Rush processing â this process is a little faster because your ETA will be finished in 4 hours paying a total of USD $88.49.
- Super Rush processing âin case you need to acquire your visa quickly, this is the best option for you because your ETA will be done in 30 minutes. All you have to pay is USD $127.49.
How’s the application form for the citizens of the Bahamas?
Now that you know what is needed for the online process, we would like to talk about theÂ formularyÂ as well so that you know what to expect. But first, you should know that if you need help at any time, you canÂ contactÂ our operators. The service can be reached CANADA VISA FOR CROATIAN CITIZENS online chat or phone 24/7 and is entirely free.
These are the three steps:
- The first one wants you to give your personal information, passport info, and travel details.
- The second step consists of payment and revision.
- While the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application.
As soon as you are done with all the steps, you can click the submit button, and we will handle it from there.
HOW LONG IS THE CANADA ETA VALID FOR?
The Canada ETA has a validation for 5 years after issued or until passport expires. This means that you can travel to Canada within this period.
How many entries am I allowed? How long can I stay in the country of Canada?
You are granted a Multiple Entry and you can be there for 180 days Per Entry.
Do I have to apply for my kids?
Yes!Â Every visitor who wants to travel to Canada mustÂ request an ETA.
What does an ETA look like?
Here’s an example:
Do you need to solve more doubts?
To read more info about the topic, you can clickÂ here. Also, you canÂ contactÂ our agents, anytime, any day!
Needless to say, the online application process of obtaining aÂ Canada ETAÂ for people from Bahamas does not involve much effort on your part. The document you receive is valid for 5 years since issue or until your passport expires if that happens first. You are granted multiple entries and you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months per entry. iVisa helps you make this process an untroubled one! We give you the time to focused on your exciting trip!
Yixi (Sophia) LiÂ is the co-author of this article. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.
About Consulate of Canada in Nassau, Bahamas
Canadian Consulate in Nassau runs an inclusive range of consular services to local, Canadian, and international citizens in Bahamas.
- Need general or specific info regarding Canadian economy, culture, sports, education and more
- Need information regarding requirements and process of getting Canadian Citizenship
- Specific contacts and information in Canada
- Want to apply and obtain Canadian Visa
It is advised that Bahamian applicants submit their paperwork at least 72 hours before the intended date of travel for theÂ Online Canada visa or a Canadian eTAÂ to be approved.
Bahamian visitors will be required to apply for a Canadian visa at an Embassy if their trip to Canada is for a reason other than tourism, such as business or study.
A major part of the application will also include the criminal and health records of the Bahamian applicant.
One person should fill out the form at a time. For minors, the application must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
Travellers visiting Canada from the Bahamas are encouraged to carefully check the application form before providing all of the required information because it cannot be modified once it has been submitted.