Canadaâs visa policyÂ allows numerous nationalities to cross its borders without a visa, and theÂ citizens of LatviaÂ are among them. As a result, you are no longer required to pay a visit to the nearest Canadian embassy to apply for a visa. However, before your departure, you mustÂ obtain a Canada ETAÂ if you travel by air. Fortunately, the document is obtainable online andÂ Â can help you with this.
Learn how to apply for this document by reading the information we wrote in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions / FAQs
If I’m from Latvia, do I need a visa to travel to Canada?
No, you don’t need a visa, what you require is an ETA, which is a document that allows you to enter Canada by filling in an online form.
What is an ETA for Latvian Citizens?
The Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an electronic system that offers legal permission to certain travelers to travel to Canada. These countries must be visa-exempt.
How Long Can Latvia Citizens Stay in Canada?
While you have yourÂ Canadian ETA, you can stay in Canada only forÂ 180 days Per Entry.
What are the requirements?
The first thing you have to do before you apply for aÂ Canada ETAÂ is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. Below, you will find a list of what you need:
- Valid passportÂ â you cannotÂ apply for a CANADA VISA FOR SOUTH KOREA CITIZENSÂ if you don’t have a valid passport. This document needs to keep its validity for at leastÂ 6 monthsÂ from the flying date, so make sure to check your passportâs expiration date before you apply for your ETA.
- E-mail address â you need to offer a valid e-mail address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. The ETA is electronically linked to your passport, but you still have to hold a physical copy.
- Payment Methods â an online application process requires that you make the payment online too. That’s why you need to have a valid payment method. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal. Just select the most comfortable for you.
How long is the ETA valid for?
This document expires 5 years after issued or until passport expires.
What are the prices and the processing times?
With iVisa, you can choose one of the following alternatives according to how soon you need to have this document:
- Standard processing â By choosing this alternative you have your application done in 24 hours, and you’ll just have to pay USD $49.49.
- Rush processingÂ â YourÂ Canadian ETAÂ is ready to be used inÂ 4 hoursÂ since your request is submitted, and the total price isÂ USD $91.49.
- Super Rush processing â This is the fastest processing time you can choose, but it is the most expensive too. You are charged USD $136.49, but your application is processed within only 30 minutes.
How much time do I need to apply?
You’ll just need at least 20 minutes to complete the application form.
How can I apply?
Once you have everything you need, you can proceed toÂ fill in the application form. You should not have any difficulties completing this process, but if you need some help, iVisaâs customer support service is at your disposalÂ 24/7Â and entirely free of charge.
iVisaâs application form has three simple steps:
- Step oneÂ asks you to provide general information about yourself and your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application. The choice you make dictates the amount you spend on yourÂ Canadian ETA, so analyze them before making a choice.
- The second step asks you to cover the payment and review your form so that the information within is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you can receive an invalid travel document, in which case you have to repeat the process for a new ETA.
- The third step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you are free to submit your request. iVisa will handle the bureaucracy from that point on.
How many times can I enter Canada?
As we already mentioned above, you’ll have a Multiple Entry while you have valid your ETA.
Do I need an ETA for my children too?
If your children are less than 18 years old, then they justÂ must travel LATVIA with appropriate documentsÂ and meet the same entry requirements as adults.Â Contact us hereÂ for more information about requirements for children.
Does the Canadian ETA guarantee that I can enter this country?
We emphasize that theÂ Canada ETAÂ doesn’t always permit you to enter Canada since it depends on what the Immigration checkpoint decides. If your ETA is approved, it means that you are eligible to travel to this North American country, but it doesn’t guarantee that you are admissible toÂ enter Canada at once.
How does the Canadian ETA look like?
Where can I find more information?
You canÂ click hereÂ to apply for the ETA usingÂ iVisa’s services. However, if you still have questions or concerns during the online process, then you canÂ contact usÂ andÂ we’ll be more than happy to help you. There’s also more info about this electronic documentÂ in this link.
Get ready for your trip now!